Thank you, George. Just what I needed. I just ordered it.

Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of George Brock-Nannestad
Sent: Tuesday, March 08, 2011 4:03 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Solfege de l'objet sonore

From: Patent Tactics, George Brock-Nannestad

Hello Carlos and Steve,

I was so happy when I obtained second hand Schaeffer's "Trait�" and
considered it a rarity to be treasured. My great pleasure is that he was an
electronics engineer and used an engineering approach to describing the
phenomena. However, it is such an important book that it has never been out
of print, and several reprints look exactly the same! I cannot believe that
people only buy it for its symbolic value, to place on their shelf. So, I do
not have a rarity.

A reasonably short account of Schaeffer's work has been written by John
Dack:
"From sound to music, from recording to theory", in Amanda Bayley, Ed.:
"Recorded Music. Performance, Culture and Technology", Cambridge University
Press 2010, pp. 271-290.

I hope you can get to this easily.

Best wishes,

George