Refresh my memory,what was some of the stuff that came out on World?

Roger

--- On Wed, 3/9/11, Michael Biel <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

From: Michael Biel <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Turnover and rolloff curves for correct playback of 78 rpm records!
To: [log in to unmask]
Date: Wednesday, March 9, 2011, 11:52 AM

On 3/9/2011 1:32 PM, George Brock-Nannestad wrote:
> From: Patent Tactics, George Brock-Nannestad
>

> Hi Mike,
>
> your last statement
>
>> Decca was using the Western Electric Wide Range Vertical Recording
>> system during the 1943-48 era.
> points to something I have suspected, however I have no source to confirm it.
> Do you have somewhere I could look? Best wishes, George

Doug Pomeroy mentioned a few months ago that the Decca safeties he used
for some reissue project were WE Wide Range Verticals.� It makes sense
because Decca owned World at that time, and it is said they bought them
to get access to that process.� The leading W in the matrix numbers in
the Deccas from the 40s indicated the use of a World studio.� What
scares me is that it is possible that many of these were destroyed in
the Universal warehouse fire, but is is probable that many are included
in the recent donation to LC.

Mike Biel� [log in to unmask]