Some of the pop World artists include  early recordings  by Les Brown,Eddie Condon, Bob Crosby  aka Bert Castle, Bob Conley, Dorsey Bros aka Daly Bros, Duke Ellington, Ella Fitzgerald, Four Freshmen, Benny Goodman aka Bill Dodge, Glen Gray, Woody Herman  aka Wally Hayes, Jimmy Lunceford, Wingy Manone, Les Paul trio, Oscar Peterson, Adrian Rollini, Charlie Spivak, Art Tatum, Jerry Wald, Chick WEb, Nat Brandwynne dance orch, Carmen Cavallero, Bob Eberle, Dick Haymes, Richard Himber dance band, Lanny Ross vocalist among others.
As you can see any radio station who subscribed to the World transcription service got a lot of heavy hitters in addition to  stand along 1/4 and half hour  complet programs.
Hope this helps.
dnelsonward