For those who will be staying a few extra days, I heartily recommend a visit to the Nethercutt Collection.

http://nethercuttcollection.org/Collection.aspx

This museum houses many antique restored automobiles plus another museum
of automatic music machines, similar to the ones collected by Jasper Sanfilippo,
whose collection we saw at the Milwaukee ARSC conference four years ago. The Nethercutt
isn't nearly as large, but they do have demonstrations of their orchestrions, music boxes,
nickelodeons, and phonographs. There is also a Wurlitzer pipe organ that is one of the largest
in the world (4 banks). Admission is free, but guided tours are limited to Thursdays, Fridays,
and Saturdays. Self-guided are available Tuesdays through Saturdays. I've lived in the L.A. area
nearly my entire life, but it was only a few years ago that I discovered this treasure. The museum
is located in Sylmar (yes, friends, the epicenter of the 1971 earthquake), about 20 minutes from
downtown (on a good traffic day).

Cary Ginell