About 4-5 years ago a rep for the ELP  had one to play with in San Jose ...  6 or 8 invited guests  had a chance to  pick it apart.... the early models were very tempermental as to  the thickness of the disc, how reflective the  surface was and color of  disc material.
The older full thickness vinyl worked ... nothing spectular as to sound quality.  The  RCA  thin  lps wouldnt track.
Black 78s from the 50s   some played some didnt.
None of the 20'30;s worn 78s played any thing grayed,  Red and brown 78s wouldnt read and  Hit of the Week  wouldnt play.
I dont know about the new models  but i doubt that they are  the ultimate answer to play most vintage recordings.
dnelson