Hello!

> I would like to advance the principle
> that we do not adopt an alternative
> form of expression simply because
> some other syntax uses it.
I agree with that! As previously written, it is easy to convert a
double-dash with a slash when appropriate ... at least in most cases.

Nonetheless, I would like to add that it is not sure that the translate
function replacing 'T' with ' ' (or the other way round) will be easy to
apply in every and any case. If problems occur, just ask the list! Someone
else may have solved the problem. If not, I will try to find a solution
(that's part of the responsibility I take when I write that I consider
that it is probably easy to solve the problem).

Regards!

SaaĊĦha,