On Tue, Mar 8, 2011 at 4:46 PM, Ray Denenberg, Library of Congress
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> "1999///Christmas edition"  of course should have instead been
> "1999---Christmas edition"  which of course would be a problem if we retain
> the double dash syntax.  However the double dash syntax is on the verge of
> removal as it is in "Last Call" status, and nobody has spoken up for it.
>
> Assuming that we remove the double dash syntax, would this be a good
> solution: '1999---"Christmas Edition" ' or   '1999-12--"Christmas Edition" '
> or  '1999-12-25-"Christmas Edition" '  ?

Am checking with the community I'm informally representing for
feedback, but the one immediate issue that jumps to mind is if we went
this route we'd need to make accommodations for contexts where the
value will be wrapped in quotes, such as XML attributes or JSON
values.

Does that bother anyone?

Bruce