ALso, if the online versions retain links to the historical changes
within, just somethign else to consider too.  Many like to keep the
print versions because they have annotated them with local practice
too, at least from times past.  If much of this is present in the
online versions through historical changes/updates, then some of them
may just be taking up unnecessary space too.
Not all, but those that are duplicated in other formats.  Depends on
the use and need and what other libraries are in your area.  Many
libraries in recent years have discarded Mansells NUC pre 1956 too ,
yet this remains an invaluable resources for research collections
still adn whose holdings are not reflected in any other online
resource such as WorldCat etc.

Look at the content and gaps online vs print & use/need.  State
libraries I would think should keep copies as repositories, unless
really duplicated elsewhere.

Cheers & happy weekend all,
Karen Weaver
Karen Weaver, MLS
Electronic Resources Statistician, Collection Management,
Duquesne University, Gumberg Library, Pittsburgh PA
email: [log in to unmask] / Gmail: [log in to unmask]