  Mary:

It's been a while since I taught real cataloging courses, but it struck
me when reading your message that in the real world of large-ish catalog
departments, revision is not usually done by one supervisory person
(it's a bottleneck, as you know), but by other catalogers.  I realize
that the other students are unlikely to be as detailed and correct as
you would be, it's at least as much of a learning opportunity for them
to see the work of their cohorts as it is to see your comments, don't
you think?  Thinking a bit further down the line, if you were to see the
comments of other students, it might help you focus on concepts they
don't understand for discussion in class, and allow the teaching of
problem solving methods using the rules, rather than the rules
themselves, which may be far more useful to them in the long run.

Regards,
Diane