From: Discussion List for issues related to cataloging & metadata education & training [[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Cheryl Tarsala [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Monday, March 28, 2011 10:33 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [eduCAT] like having 20 people in revision at the same time

I've always wondered why our dominant mode of teaching cataloging is
mentoring in record creation, with quantity (keeping up with feedback)
always being the main discussion about teaching. Is a graduate-level
cataloging course different from (or the same as) a practicum? Should
it be?

Cheryl Tarsala