As the library servicing the only library school in the State of Ohio we have always tried to retain copies of all of the professional tools (LCC Class, Subject heading manuals, the red books, etc. As new issues are published, we send older ones to our depository. Our thinking is that researchers in the future may wish to know what the rules were in particular points in time.

The day is come when we are wondering if we should be doing this. We spend a lot of money, time, and effort to purchase and house items we never use, because we are concurrently paying for and using the online versions.

Is anyone else archiving print professional tools? Does LC maintain a set?

Who is digitally archiving the tools that appear on Cat Desktop?

Thank you.

MM

Margaret Maurer
Editor, TechKNOW