The project is primarily focused around digital sound recordings of classical music and potentially digital products which are created from these digital sound recordings.

We are primarily interested in capturing metadata about:
1). The pieces, movements and works being performed.
2). The parties who composed these classical works.
3). The parties who participated in the performance and recording these classical works.
4). The event at which these performances took place.
5). And finally, trying to leverage all this information in a way that enables the layperson to browse/search/view and distinguish between similar recordings of the same works.

Even though, we are not focused on music the notation, I am interested in seeing how music encoding handles some of the metadata surrounding the work and the composers. If there are others the group can suggest, I will look at those as well.

Thanks,

Nick