Dear all,

I am a Research Archivist at the University of Melbourne's eScholarship
Research Centre.  One of our key tools, developed in-house over many
years, is the Online Heritage Resource Manager (OHRM), a contextual
information framework mapping system used to map and manage highly
complex networks of entities and relationships, presenting these as a
‘graph’ of  HTML pages (template driven static and dynamic), typically
in the form of online encyclopaedias or registers.

At present the data ingest and preservation elements of the OHRM run out
of a relational database backend, with the dissemination web resource
sitting on a standard LAMP/LAPP stack, (e.g  Solr, PostreSQL and PHP
searches).  The system also allows for full EAC XML output, allowing
(among other things) the National Library of Australia to ingest records
about people and organisations from our resources using OAI-PMH.

The OHRM has been used for many, varied projects - some of the notable
ones include:
http://www.womenaustralia.info/
http://www.pathwaysvictoria.info/
http://www.eoas.info/
http://www.chia.chinesemuseum.com.au/

If you're interested in finding out more about the system, drop me a
line.  There's also more info available on our site:
http://www.esrc.unimelb.edu.au/ohrm/index.html

Regards,
Mike Jones

--

*Mike Jones* | Research Archivist

The University of Melbourne | eScholarship Research Centre

Level 2, Thomas Cherry Building, The University of Melbourne Victoria
3010 Australia

T +61 3 8344 4915

E [log in to unmask] | W www.esrc.unimelb.edu.au

This email and any attachments may contain personal information or
information that is otherwise confidential or the subject of copyright.
Any use, disclosure or copying of any part of it is prohibited. The
University does not warrant that this email or any attachments are free
from viruses or defects. Please check any attachments for viruses and
defects before opening them. If this email is received in error please
delete it and notify us by return email.