You should be able to fix this problem by replacing \\www.digital.butlercenter.org\ead\ead.dtd with an appropriate URL, like http://www.digital.butlercenter.org/ead/ead.dtd

Ethan

On Tue, Apr 19, 2011 at 3:58 PM, Chris Stewart <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Our EAD finding aids display well for most users, but some users are reporting an error message in their browsers (MS Internet Explorer) when loading the EAD.

Can anyone suggest in what directory to place the EAD DTD to avoid EAD loading errors? (We are running Contentdm 5.3.0 on our server.)

The error message (below) indicates that the erring browser cannot access the EAD DTD:

The system cannot locate the resource specified. Error processing resource '\\www.digital.butlercenter.org\ead\ead.dtd'. E...
<!DOCTYPE ead PUBLIC "+//ISBN 1-931666-00-8//DTD ead.dtd (Encoded Archival Description (EAD) Version 2002)//EN" "\\www.di...

Our declaration is the following:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<?xml-stylesheet href="/xslt/eadcbs6.xsl" type="text/xsl"?>
<!DOCTYPE ead PUBLIC "+//ISBN 1-931666-00-8//DTD ead.dtd (Encoded Archival Description (EAD) Version 2002)//EN" "\\www.digital.butlercenter.org\ead\ead.dtd">

Thanks for any suggestions,
Chris Stewart
Butler Center for Arkansas Studies