From: Encoded Archival Description List on behalf of Nick Sincaglia
Sent: Mon 4/25/2011 1:26 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [EAD] Musical Groups

I select EAC-CPF as my data model to allow me to capture information about
musicians and musical groups because of its ability to capture many
different versions of a name and its ability to capture changes in a name
over time.

I want to make sure I am using the data model as its design intended it to
be used. The entityType element has 3 enumerations (person, family,
corporation). In the case of a musical group or ensemble, what entityType
would this be considered? I am leaning towards corporation but this is not
always the case. I did not find any real guidance in the EAC-CPF
documentation for this scenario. I was wondering how others had handled this
situation.

http://www3.iath.virginia.edu/eac/cpf/tagLibrary/cpfTagLibrary.html#d1e2773

Thanks,

Nick