Thank you everyone for your helpful replies. If the next revision of EAD only supports schema, I think I'd better bite the bullet and convert now. We're still early in our EAD program, so it'd be better to do it now. Karen Miller and Daniel Pitti posted useful information in response to Mark's post, so I'm going to start there.

Does anyone know if any of the stylesheets here <http://www.archivists.org/saagroups/ead/stylesheets.html> work with schema? Michele, does your "linky stuff" code work work with schema/xlink?

Thanks again!
Nathan