Hi Everyone -

I just wanted to send an e-mail to invite you and your staffs to the Department of the Interior Library on Tuesday, April 12th from 10:00 am to noon for a training session entitled "DOI Library Tour," part of our series of free training sessions at the DOI Library.

As part of our celebration of National Library Week, please join us for a tour of the many resources of the Department of the Interior Library. Included in the tour will be a description of many legal and legislative resources on Deck 4 of the Library, including the Code of Federal Regulations, United States Code, U.S. Statutes at Large, and federal case reporters. Also included will be a look at the Library’s collection of the U.S. Congressional Serial Set, our collection of Native American reports and publications, first edition materials written about the American Civil War, as well as our Rare Book Collection. Our tour guide, DOI Law Librarian Maureen Booth, will also talk about the Library’s history and the special architectural and ornamental features that are part of its unique look. This tour will be valuable for anyone intending to do research at the DOI Library.

All that are interested are invited.  The DOI Library is located in the Main Interior Building, located at 1849 C Street, NW, Room 1151 in Washington.  Space is limited so please contact the Library by phone at (202) 208-5815 or by e-mail at [log in to unmask] to let us know you will be coming.    For more information about future DOI Library Training Sessions, we encourage you to visit our Training Sessions website at http://library.doi.gov/programs/training/index.html .

We hope to see you here on April 12th!

Please note that in the event of a federal government shutdown, the DOI Library would be closed and all scheduled programs would be cancelled.

George Franchois
Director
U.S. Dept. of the Interior Library
1849 C Street, NW, MS 1151