I am pleased to announce the second FLICC Preservation Institute in 2011, a cooperative program sponsored by The Library of Congress Preservation Directorate, FLICC/FEDLINK, and NEDCC (Northeast Document Conservation Center).

Online registration and additional details and agenda will be posted to the FLICC/FEDLINK web site very soon.

Part I:  FLICC Preservation Institute: Introduction to Preservation Practices
A week-long course at the Library of Congress taught by the Library's renowned Preservation Directorate staff.  Learn from the experts through lectures and hands-on practica at the oldest and largest U.S. library preservation operation.  This program will cover basic theory and practice with a view to applying the knowledge to your organization's situation.
Dates:  July 18-22, 2011
Location: Library of Congress, Mumford Room, 6th floor, Madison Building
Registration fee:  $400 for FEDLINK Training Account holders, $450 for all others.

Part II:   Webinar Courses Presented by NEDCC
In conjunction with the Preservation Institute, NEDCC is offering a series of webinars. Taught by an experienced preservation professional, you will learn to apply principles and processes in your institution and explore the following special topics:

Care and Handling of Multimedia Collections
Tuesday, September 13

Risk Assessment for Disaster Planning
Tuesday, September 20

Mold Outbreaks and How to Cope with Them
Thursday, September 29

Fundamentals of Digitization: Sustainable Digital Collections
Thursday, October 20

Fundamentals of Digitization: Digital Disaster Planning
Thursday, October 27

Time:  2:00-4:00 pm, EDT
Registration Fee:  $70.00 for FEDLINK Training Account holders, $80.00 for all others (a 15-20% discount off the standard fee).

For more information, please contact me on [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.

-Anne

Anne Harrison
Library of Congress, FLICC/FEDLINK<http://www.loc.gov/flicc>
101 Independence Ave. SE  LA217