The National Inventory of Legal Materials is a groundbreaking initiative that will result in the first-ever inventory of legal resources from all three branches at all levels of government. More than 350 volunteers in all 50 states and D.C. are currently working to populate an inventory of state, county and municipality legal resources. Now we need your help to create the Federal Inventory.

When complete, the Federal Inventory will include:

*         Legal research materials

*         Information authored or created by agencies

*         Resources that are publicly accessible
As a volunteer, you will use a form to easily answer questions about each title you add to the inventory. Examples of titles include:

*         Executive Branch:  SEC Decisions & Reports; FCC Record

*         Judicial Branch: Supreme Court Rules; U.S. Reports

*         Legislative Branch: U.S. Statutes at Large, Deschler's Precedents; House Calendar
On Monday, April 25, we will hold a working session from 1-3 pm at the Library of Congress, John Adams Building, LA 216, FLICC Training Room to give anyone interested in this project an opportunity to ask questions and add titles to the inventory. More than 35 federal law librarians have already volunteered for this exciting project, but we still need more help to meet our ambitious August 2011 deadline.

Please contact AALL Advocacy Communications Assistant Emily Feldman ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>) to RSVP and /or volunteer. Please contact Federal Inventory coordinator Emily Carr<mailto:[log in to unmask]> ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>) to volunteer.