Hi Everyone -

I just wanted to send an e-mail to invite you and your staffs to the Department of the Interior Library on Tuesday, May 3rd from 2:00 to 4:00 pm for a training session entitled "Westlaw: Introduction and New Features," part of our series of free training sessions at the DOI Library.

Westlaw is one of the primary online legal research services for lawyers and legal professionals in the United States. Information resources on Westlaw include more than 40,000 databases of case law, state and federal statutes, administrative codes, newspaper and magazine articles, public records, law journals, law reviews, treatises, legal forms and other information resources. Most legal documents on Westlaw are indexed to the West Key Number System, which is West's master classification system of U.S. law. Westlaw supports natural language and Boolean searches. Westlaw also features the KeyCite citation checking service, allowing users to determine whether cases or statutes are still good law. In this session, a Westlaw training professional will teach you how to utilize Westlaw for your reference and research needs, introducing you to these databases and highlighting newly added features that make Westlaw an even more user-friendly research tool.

All that are interested are invited.  The DOI Library is located in the Main Interior Building, located at 1849 C Street, NW, Room 1151 in Washington.  Space is limited so please contact the Library by phone at (202) 208-5815 or by e-mail at [log in to unmask] to let us know you will be coming.    For more information about future DOI Library Training Sessions, we encourage you to visit our Training Sessions website at http://library.doi.gov/programs/training/index.html .

We hope to see you here on May 3rd!

George Franchois
Director
U.S. Dept. of the Interior Library