We are not, I think trying to avoid centuries but to avoid the conflicting
uses, viz. (errant) views on when a century starts, resp. ends. The length,
however, of a century (of years) is always the same: 100 (L. Centum) years.

On Thu, 12 May 2011 14:59:42 -0400, Ray Denenberg wrote
> From: Edward C. Zimmermann
> > 1) extend the units to duration to century, hours, minutes and decimal
> > seconds.

> One thought However, it occurs to me that extending duration to century
> would be an odd thing to do when we have gone to such pain to disclaim its
> definition.

On Wed, 11 May 2011 09:36:53 -0400, Ray Denenberg wrote
> On reconsideration I agree with you, I see the inconsistency more clearly
now. I'll change it to "100 year period" and elaborate in the note.
Thanks. --Ray

--

Edward C. Zimmermann, NONMONOTONIC LAB
http://www.nonmonotonic.net