 From: Edward C. Zimmermann
> 1) drop this limitation in months.
> 1) extend the units to duration to century, hours, minutes and decimal
> seconds.
> 3) allow for positive decimal values rather than limit things to
> integers.
> 4) add a clause requesting that, whenever, possible some canonical
> normalized form be used. The question of what it is, I think, we should
> leave open at this time. P1.5Y versus P18M.. ?

Ed - (1) is fine with me, I agree that we settled on that too hastily.  I
need to think more about your second (1) and (3) and unfortunately I'm tied
up for several days and won't be able to spend any time on this for about a
week.

One thought However, it occurs to me that extending duration to century
would be an odd thing to do when we have gone to such pain to disclaim its
definition.

--Ray