From: Program for Cooperative Cataloging [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Finnerty, Ryan
Sent: Monday, May 09, 2011 3:35 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [PCCLIST] Prince William's authority record

Hi PCC List,

I just saw that Prince William’s authority record was revised to reflect his new title and I’m not sure that the 1xx is correctly formulated. It is now:

**100 1   Cambridge, William, $c Prince, Duke of, $d 1982-

But given that he the grandchild of the monarch, shouldn’t rule 22.16A4 apply, and the 1xx be:

**100 0   William, $c Prince, Duke of Cambridge, $d 1982-

Similar to how Prince Andrew is entered under given name:

**Andrew, $c Prince, Duke of York, $d 1960-

I freely admit that the rules for nobility/royalty confuse me so I could be all wrong. Anyhow, what do you all think?

Ryan J. Finnerty | Head, Database Management & NACO Coordinator UC San Diego Libraries | Metadata Services Department [log in to unmask] | (858) 822-3138