Please excuse the cross posting of this message to multiple lists.
NOTE: Please do not forward this invitation to other institutions or to online lists without consulting the NACO training coordinators in the LC Cooperative Programs Section: Jessalyn Zoom ([log in to unmask]) or Gracie Gilliam ([log in to unmask]). Thanks for your cooperation.
PCC NACO Advanced Corporate Names Workshop
Library of Congress (LC)
Adams Building, LA 149
First and Independence Avenues, SE
Washington, DC 20540‑4230
Wednesday, July 20 – Thursday, July 21, 2011
The Cooperative Programs Section will offer a two-day course on NACO corporate name authorities. The course will be held at the Library of Congress, July 20-21, 2011, 8:30 am ‑ 5:00 pm. The target audience is cataloging staff from PCC NACO or CONSER member institutions who desire a slower and more in-depth review of corporate body names. Training materials will be based on the existing NACO corporate names session, with additional examples and exercises.
Participants must pre‑register for this workshop by the deadline:
Monday, June 20, 2011
1. Each participant must be from an active PCC NACO or CONSER institution.
2. If necessary, participants can complete and submit the PCC NACO membership application to provide current information on their institutions’ collections and program leadership.
3. Each institution will be responsible for its participant’s travel and accommodation costs. There is no fee for the class itself.
4. Participants will be asked to download and print training manuals to bring with them. Instructions will be included with confirmation notices.
5. Programs at the Library of Congress comply with the
Americans with Disabilities Act. If special accommodations are needed for any participant to attend this class, please include pertinent information when emailing about interest in the course.
Registration for the NACO Training Course:
Deadline: Monday, June 20, 2011
1. Submit the online registration form: http://www.loc.gov/catdir/pcc/naco/AdvCorpTrng.html
Include ADA accommodations if needed.
2. Submit, if necessary, the PCC membership application to update institutional information: http://www.loc.gov/catdir/pcc/naco/nacoappl.html
3. Before making any travel reservations, please wait for a participation confirmation. Tentative hotel reservations may be made in advance, because they are more flexible.
Confirmations will be sent by: Wednesday, June 22, 2011
Coop is working on a contract with nearby hotels and will send the information out as soon as the contract is finalized.
Participants may make their own hotel arrangements or reserve rooms at Capitol Hill Suites, which is the closest hotel to the training site.
Their home page is: http://www.capitolhillsuites.com. You will find several Holiday Inns available near Metro stops in DC and Virginia. Their reservation web page is: http://holidayinn.com.
The Library is accessible by Metro, Capitol South Station, from both the Blue and Orange lines.
Please address any questions to Jessalyn Zoom ([log in to unmask]) or Gracie Gilliam ([log in to unmask]).
Cooperative Programs Section
Library of Congress
Washington, DC 20540‑4230