Hello!

>  So 'mm' means month or day depending on the context. Thus:

[...]

> 1984-04-04/06   the 4th through 6th of April 1984.
This would be quite problematic, because our L2Interval may contain an
L2Date (not only ISO 8601 dates). Let's consider:

189u-02-08/29

How long would such an interval be? Three weeks? A little more than seven
years?

Of course, we could allow a construction like

189u-02-08/29

but in this case, we should need to be quite clear about its
interpretation. We could also stick with

yyyy-mm-dd/yyy-mm-dd

even when both the year and the month is the same on both side, but this
could be problematic too. Let's consider

189u-02-08/22

which obviously is two weeks long whereas

189u-02-08/189u-02-22

may be two weeks or several years long.

Regards!

SaaĊĦha,