Hello!

> a replacement for unknown.
In a former e-mail, I suggested something like:

2008-08-08/yueu

which explains itself, if we consider an acceptable similarity between
"unknown" and "unspecified" in such a case. But, according to the latest
three-level suggestion,

> intervals, [...] including open and unknown.

are in level one, whereas longYear is in level two, which may cause
problems.

If we consider that "unknown" and "unspecified" are too dissimilar, we may
keep the whole word "unknown".

If we agree on the similarity considered above, I would suggest to move
longYear to level one and use "yueu" instead of "unknown" when on one side
of an interval.

In this case, a question remains: Should we write

yueu/0010

or

y-ueu/0010

or

y(-)?ueu/0010

or should we leave it as "yueu/0010" and consider that a potential minus
sign may be "included" within the first "u"?

Regards!

SaaĊĦha,