From: Bruce D'Arcus
> What's the basis on which level two and three features are distributed?

"are" distributed or "would be" distrubuted?  At this point the distribution is just a suggestion, and comments are solicited.

Level 0 is straightforward: anything reatained in the spec that conforms to ISO 8601. (And I propose to eliminate the distinction of whether or not it is part of W3CDTF.)  And so those features retained that are not part of ISO 8601 would be distributed over levels 2 and 3, and the question is on what basis.  I see three factors: 1. difficulty of implementation; 2. need; 3. separability.

By "separability" I mean that I think we would want the BNF to be three (somewhat) distinct sections (perhaps all referencing a common part) corresponding to the three levels.  Placing a feature in level 2 vs. level 3 (or vice versa) might make it easier (or more difficult) to achieve the desired separability.

I plan to begin looking at the BNF in terms of the above, but I would appreciate input from implementers and users about which features should be level 2 and which should be level 3.

--Ray