Hi all,

Following an extremely education experience at LOD-LAM, I have added VIAF
integration to EADitor's code base for personal and corporate names.
Additionally, place names are now AACR2-compliant (except for Malaysia).
You can read more about the changes and view the code here:
http://eaditor.blogspot.com/2011/06/improving-authority-control-in-eaditor.html

EADitor now offers out of the box:

LCSH for subjects
geonames for geographical places (including georeferencing collections on
indexing into the public interface and kml/openlayers-driven mapping)
VIAF for personal and corporate names

If you would like to or have already installed EADitor, please refer to the
subversion updating instructions on the wiki:
http://code.google.com/p/eaditor/wiki/StayingCurrentWithSubversion.  Since
this is a beta, currently, there is no synchronization of terms to the
vocabulary service after the initial addition of elements into a finding
aid.  However, each service has REST APIs, and thus it will be possible to
do so in a later release of EADitor.

I'd like to be able to provide access to controlled vocabulary terms for
<genreform>, but Getty's AAT is the only reference I can think of, and since
it isn't free, I can't use it.  Are there other services available?

Ethan Gruber
American Numismatic Society