                                                NLS Operations Alert

no. 11-47

DATE    :     June 9, 2011

TO          :     Network Libraries
FROM   :     Carolyn H. Sung, Chief, Network Division

Subject :     Travel plans for FY 12

NLS is now planning for travel during the next fiscal year, October 1, 2011, to September 30, 2012. We rely upon your input in our planning process. If you would like an NLS staff member to visit your library for a specific purpose, please submit your request, noting the desired month and/or specific dates, on the attached Visit Request Form FY 2012. If possible, please avoid requesting visits for October, as the fiscal-year budget transition makes it a difficult month for NLS staff to travel.

Regular Network Services consultant visits to all regional libraries are made every two years as funds permit. Consultant visits can be scheduled in conjunction with local consumer, volunteer, or professional events; however, we need to know these dates well in advance. Generally funds do not permit us to make consultant visits to sub-regional libraries.

NLS representatives are also available for workshops and special events. These include consumer advisory committee meetings, volunteer recognitions, machine-repair workshops, outreach activities, subregional library meetings, and open houses or dedications. Please provide as much information as possible about the type of visit desired.

Requests received after July 15, 2011, will be considered only as schedules and funds permit.

Please indicate your preferences on the attached form and e-mail it to [log in to unmask] mailto:[log in to unmask]\\hich\\af0\\dbch\\af13\\loch\\f0<mailto:[log in to unmask]\hich\af0\dbch\af13\loch\f0>or fax it to (202) 707-0712, attn: Deborah Toomey.

For more information contact:
            Carolyn Hoover Sung
            Chief, Network Division

Visit Request Form FY 2012

Name:

Library/agency:

Please try to schedule the following visit(s) to my agency:
□          Consumer advisory
Specific or approximate dates:______________________
or
At NLS convenience  □
Length of visit:______________________

□          General volunteer recognition
Specific or approximate dates:______________________
or
At NLS convenience  □
Length of visit:______________________

□          Machine-repair recognition
Specific or approximate dates:______________________
or
At NLS convenience  □
Length of visit:______________________

□          Machine-repair workshop
Specific or approximate dates:______________________
or
At NLS convenience  □
Length of visit:______________________

□          Special events
Specific or approximate dates:___________________________________________
or
At NLS convenience  □

□          Other (Please specify):

In the space marked “Other” above, please provide any additional information, such as a brief description of the event or reasons for specific dates or individuals.
Please e-mail your preferences to [log in to unmask] mailto:[log in to unmask]:[log in to unmask] fax this form to (202) 707-0712 by
July 15, 2011.