Hello,

I am forwarding the following statement on behalf of Beacher Wiggins,
Director, Acquisitions and Bibliographic Access Directorate, Library of
Congress:

"The U.S. national libraries (Library of Congress, National Agricultural
Library, and National Library of Medicine) expect to make an announcement
of their decision regarding the implementation of RDA (Resource
Description & Access) prior to the ALA Annual Conference in New
Orleans.  During the Conference, managers and staff from the three
libraries and members of the U.S. RDA Test Coordinating Committee will be
discussing in detail the announcement and likely next steps, based on the
decision."

Les Hawkins
CONSER Coordinator
Library of Congress