CCQ call for papers: Cataloging Collaborations and Partnerships
A special issue of Cataloging & Classification Quarterly will be devoted to an exploration of how cataloging units or organizations have partnered or collaborated with others to address the changing needs of their customers.
The guest editor invites submissions from professionals in cataloging and metadata, as well as other related disciplines. Submissions by authors outside North America are encouraged.
Case studies, historical surveys and research studies are all of interest. Topics of interest include but are not restricted to:
· Collaborations with vendors or utilities
· Collaborations with other libraries or consortia
· Collaborations between public and academic library cataloging units
· Collaborative development of new systems
· Collaborative development of standards
· International collaborative efforts
· Assessment of collaborative efforts
· Advantages and disadvantages of collaboration
· Costs/benefits of collaboration
· Abstract (up to 300 words) due to [log in to unmask] by July 31, 2011
· Notification of appropriateness: August 31, 2011
· Manuscript submission: February 28, 2012
· Notification of acceptance/rejection: April 30, 2012
· Final papers due: June 30, 2012
Rebecca L. Mugridge, Head, Cataloging and Metadata Services, The Pennsylvania State University
Cataloging & Classification Quarterly emphasizes full-length research and review articles, descriptions of new programs and technology relevant to cataloging and classification, considered speculative articles on improved methods of bibliographic control for the future , and solicited book reviews. Articles are refereed. Instructions for authors can be found at: http://www.informaworld.com/0163-9374.
-- ******************* Rebecca L. (Mugridge) MacIntosh Head, Cataloging and Metadata Services Penn State University Libraries 126 Paterno Library University Park PA 16802 phone: 814-865-1850 fax: 814-863-7293 email: [log in to unmask] ********************