(Please excuse duplication to multiple lists)

PCC members who contribute SACO LCSH proposals and SACO LCSH update proposals:

The Minaret Subject Proposal System for proposing new and updated LCSH headings will be implemented on Monday, August 1, 2011. The online SACO proposal webform at http://www.loc.gov/catdir/pcc/prop/proposal.html and the SACO proposed update webform at http://www.loc.gov/catdir/pcc/saco/chngform.html will be deactivated on Monday, August 1, 2011.

The Minaret Subject Proposal System is a Classification Web product. In order to use the Minaret Subject Proposal System, a Classification Web account is necessary.

Please identify the category below in which your institution falls, and note the actions you should take.

1) PCC SACO members who have a Classification Web account that is currently set to allow for input and update of LC Classification numbers:

Please see important Classification Web account information at http://www.loc.gov/catdir/pcc/saco/Minaret_Updating%20Preferences.pdf

2) PCC SACO members who have a Classification Web account, but whose accounts currently are NOT set to allow for input and update of LC Classification numbers:

Please contact me ([log in to unmask]) so that I can have your Classification Web account set to allow you to use the Minaret Subject Proposal System.

3) PCC SACO members who currently DO NOT have a Classification Web account:

Please contact me ([log in to unmask]) to discuss options for you to continue to propose new and updated LCSH headings through the SACO Program.

Please see the SACO website (http://www.loc.gov/catdir/pcc/saco/saco.html) for more information, including examples and a Blackboard Collaborate webinar (1 hour duration) with a demonstration of the Minaret Subject Proposal System.

Paul Frank

Cooperative Programs Section

Cooperative and Instructional Programs Division

Library of Congress

101 Independence Ave., SE

Washington, DC 20540-4230

202-707-1570