On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 12:46 PM, Saašha Metsärantala <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Hello!
>
>> What's an edtf library supposed to do with URIs?
>
> That is an important question! I was also feeling that we need to clarify
> our way to work with URIs, and therefore I suggested namespaces. We need to
> discuss those questions.

But even this I think demonstrates my hunch that this adds a level of
complexity that is not worth the effort.

Namespaces don't solve the issue in the least: it's just a convention
for abbreviating URIs after all. At root, a namespec prefix + token is
a URI.

If it were me, I'd cut this feature as out of scope.

Bruce