I’m just the messenger on this, but you might have an interest in participating in the Public Insight Network.

As librarians, you know where knowledge is, how to find it, and how to make sense of it. We created the Public Insight Network platform in order to unlock the knowledge and intellect of the public to inform journalists, policy makers and communities. More than 110,000 people are sources in the Network (including hundreds of librarians), and close to 50 newsrooms are partners. Learn more here.

We'd like to invite you to participate in our latest effort in news engagement: Budget Hero -- an educational and engaging online game that enables players to objectively evaluate policies to fix the federal budget. By registering to play the game, you can become a source in the Public Insight Network. Budget Hero launched last week at the Capitol with our partner, the Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars. Since then it has been played over 86,000 times.

Play the game. Send us feedback. Pass it on.

We read every comment and update the game to reflect new ideas and policies constantly. As professionals with knowledge about how the government works, we'd especially value your input. We'll be reaching back out to people who played the game as we cover the ongoing budget debate, the republican primaries, the 2012 election season -- and much more.

Please let me know if you have any questions about the Budget Hero or the Public Insight Network. Best of luck solving the federal budget dilemma!

Andrew Haeg

Editor / Co-Founder

Public Insight Network

American Public Media

[log in to unmask]" target="_blank" ymailto="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]

OFC: 651.290.1314

CELL: 612.501.0690

Twitter: @andrewhaeg

Become a news source: http://bit.ly/insightnetwork