This discussion has come up repeatedly over the years but I just learned
that the Digital Audio Labs CardDelux has been discontinued. I'm not
sure why they have been discontinued, but we got a call from the
manufacturer who said that they are "obsolete." We have long used their
cards (we are a PC shop) and I need to spec out another PC-based audio
workstation. I use the CardDelux for the AES/EBU digital inputs.

What are people using for digital input from an external ADC these days?
Is there an equivalent sound card to the DAL card with AES/EBU digital
inputs? I know some ADCs offer firewire/USB outputs, but I haven't
really explored that.

Please send any suggestions to me on or off list.

David Seubert
UCSB