HI Dan,

We have found the digital clock in Prism series of A/D/A's  (The
Dream A/D and D/A  and the ADA-8) to be quite good. We are also using
several Sonic Studio/Metric Halo A/D/A's and are in the process of
comparing them against the Prisms.

We have no experience with the Apogee units you mentioned.

Bill

On Aug 24, 2011, at 3:25 PM, Daniel Roth wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> Please give me your opinion on the best AD/DA converter for
> purposes of archival audio. Currently using an Apogee Rosetta 200
> and considering the Apogee Ensemble as an upgrade.
>
> What are YOUR thoughts?
>
> Thank you for your insights,
>
> Dan
>
> ------
> Dan Roth
> Audio Technician
> Walter J Brown Media Archives and
> Peabody Awards Collection
> University of Georgia
> Main Library
> Athens, GA

William McQuay
Supervising Audio Engineer
Macaulay Library
Cornell Lab of Ornithology

Our Mission:
To interpret and conserve the Earth's biological diversity through
research, education, and citizen science focused on birds.