Hello!

> QNames are highly controversial.
I think we agree that we won't use xs:QName for qualifiers as of phase
one. Maybe we could move this interesting topic to phase two and try to
focus on what can be useful for phase one.

My main suggestion was to exclude from EDTF qualifiers (phase one), all
characters excluded by xs:NCName (such as space and colon).

In other words: Could we agree on xs:NCName or a subset thereof?

One possible, but very limited subset of xs:NCName would be qualifiers
matching

^[a-z][A-Z0-9]*$

(or similar depending on which regex flavor you use), but we would
probably prefer to be able to use other alphabets and characters, too.

Maybe xs:NCName is too wide for EDTF qualifiers. In that case, the
question is: Which of the characters allowed within xs:NCName should be
excluded to create the datatype for EDTF qualifiers?

Regards!

SaaĊĦha,