 From: Saašha Metsärantala
> Maybe we should clarify that
>
> (A B) | C
>
> means the same that
>
> A B | C
>
> even without line break, doesn't it?

No, not unless we add to the rules section a rule for evaluation of "|" over tokens. As it is,

A B | C

is ambiguous, that is, it isn't clear whether it means

(A B) | C

or

A (B|C)

> Several productions exclude negative years. Maybe, that is what we want.
> I suggest to clarify this point.

It is true that for some of the definition, for example, where 'u' is a placeholder, I haven't bothered to allow negative years. I don't see the need for that level of complexity. If someone has a concrete use case, I'll add it.

> Furthermore, I can not find the production with
>
> > dateWithInternalUncertaintly

Right, I've added

dateWithInternalUncertainty =
internalUncertainOrApproximate
| internalUnspecified

> A problem in today's BNF is that it allows dates such as
>
> 2011-02-31

We have ensured that months and days match up for basic dates.  To ensure this for the whacky dates is going to impose extreme complexity and I don't see why it's needed.

Thanks.

--Ray