From: Encoded Archival Description List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Michele R Combs
Sent: Monday, August 15, 2011 11:28 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Question about EAC schema online

Hi guys --

I'm creating some sample EAC records using the XSD schema from the website (http://eac.staatsbibliothek-berlin.de/schema/cpf.xsd ).  I'm working on the bioghist, and it won't let me put text in a p element.  It insists text is not allowed there and I must insert a <span> element to contain text.  The tag description says that the <p> element is allowed to contain text (http://www3.iath.virginia.edu/eac/cpf/tagLibrary/cpfTagLibrary.html#d1e5693 ).  Perhaps the description is not up to date?  I know mixed content is frowned upon...

If somebody could confirm that this is correct and not an error in the schema that would be great.

Thanks --

Michele

Michele Combs
Librarian for Manuscripts and Archives Processing Special Collections Research Center Syracuse University
315-443-2081