Linda,

See 22.2B3:

If, in the works of contemporary authors, different names appear in
different editions of the same work or two or more names appear in one
edition, choose, for all editions, the name most frequently used in
editions of the work. If that cannot be determined readily, choose the
name appearing in the latest available edition of the work. Make
name-title references from the other name or names (see 26.2B1).

Based on the information that you provided us, I would change the existing
NAR rather than create a new one.  I would change the 1XX to be under
Wood, with a 4XX from Hinshelwood.  I think there are 053 issues too that
may need to be resolved with LC - check with Coop if the existing 053
should be cancelled or if the LCC schedule should have a printed reference
from where Wood would file.

Adam

Adam L. Schiff
Principal Cataloger