The Sonny Bono Act was Copyright Extension Act passed at night, by
voice vote. No public hearings preceded it. Clinton had been weakened
by personal scandal and was in the pocket of entertainment interests
so just signed it. The whole thing was a disgraceful perversion of
democracy, and a portent of later actions. However, I *believe* that
the term in Europe, for all formats except sound recordings, was
already life plus 70 with Bono was passed.

Sam