From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Bob Olhsson
Sent: Wednesday, September 14, 2011 9:09 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Is this copyright violation on a large scale?

Yes! Under the exemption in the law only you personally have the right to
make a copy.

The tech industry investment bankers love to confuse people with talk about
"fair use" in the hopes that people will buy stock in their next scam that
plays fast and loose with others' intellectual property. Copying a
commercially released music recording is not and never has been "fair use."
It is a specific exemption that was passed by Congress at the request of the
RIAA. In fact it is totally illegal to make a copy of comedy recordings you
own!

Bob Olhsson Audio Mastery, Nashville TN
615.562.4346 http://www.bobolhsson.com http://audiomastery.com