Dear list members,****

Ithaka S+R is launching a new research program—Research Support Services for
Scholars (announcement below).  We are looking for community feedback during
the research process so if you support the fields Ithaka S+R is studying,
please join us in discussion atwww.researchsupportservices.net over the
coming months.   ****
Ithaka S+R Announces New Program: Research Support Services for Scholars****

Ithaka S+R is pleased to announce a new program, Research Support Services
for Scholars, that will comprise a series of discipline-specific research
projects aimed to provide critically needed research about the evolving
behavior and needs of scholars to the information support service providers
who work with them. Based on this research, Ithaka S+R will make
recommendations regarding the future of support services for scholars and
how information service providers—such as libraries, computing support
centers, scholarly societies, and publishers—can support their needs.****

Ithaka S+R begins this international research program with two projects: a
research project in chemistry, with support from JISC and an emphasis on the
needs of UK chemists, and a research project in history, with support from
the National Endowment of the Humanities and an emphasis on US historians.**
**

Read more about the program and projects:
http://www.ithaka.org/ithaka-s-r/research/research-support-services-for-scholars
****
Are you a scholar in chemistry or history? Do you know someone who is? Or
are you an information service provider to these fields?
Help us by providing feedback during our research process or encouraging
others to do so through our project website at
www.researchsupportservices.net****

*About Ithaka S+R
*Ithaka S+R (http://www.ithaka.org/ithaka-s-r) is a strategic consulting and
research service that focuses on the transformation of scholarship and
teaching in an online environment, with the goal of identifying the critical
issues facing our community and acting as a catalyst for change.   Ithaka
S+R is part of ITHAKA, a not-for-profit organization that helps the academic
community use digital technologies to preserve the scholarly record and to
advance research and teaching in sustainable ways. JSTOR, a research and
learning platform, and Portico, a digital preservation service, are also
part of ITHAKA.****

** **

** **

_____________
Marita La Monica
Senior Manager, Marketing & Communications
ITHAKA
Tel: 212-358-6400
[log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>****

ITHAKA (www.ithaka.org) is a not-for-profit organization that helps the
academic community use digital technologies to preserve the scholarly record
and to advance research and teaching in sustainable ways. We provide
innovative services that benefit higher education, including Ithaka S+R,
JSTOR, and Portico.
Aimee Babcock-Ellis, MLS
Informationista
(cell phone) 518-225-7127
http://about.me/aimeebe/bio

*Carpe Diem*

“Life is not anything, but an opportunity for something.”
 – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe