Please excuse any duplication.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Janel Kinlaw <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 10:39 AM
Subject: [sla-cdc] Fall Signups for the Make-A-Connection Program
To: Washington DC Chapter <[log in to unmask]>

The Make-a-Connection program, formerly known as ‘Spend a Day’, connects a practicing LIS professional like yourself with a LIS student or recent graduate to learn more about your position and workplace.  This program benefits everybody: students can explore different types of environments that require LIS skills, and DC/SLA members have an opportunity to interact with those who are entering the profession.

We are looking for LIS professionals who are willing to host one or more students.  There are different levels of commitment involved in hosting, from an all-day visit to a conversation over coffee.

We are now accepting sign-ups for the fall semester. If you are interested, please fill out the sign-up form by Friday, September 23rd.  You and the student(s) with whom you are matched up will be contacted by Wednesday, October 5th with each others' contact information.  It will be up to you and the student(s) to figure out the date and time of your connection; we encourage you to meet by Tuesday, November 15th.

For more details on the program, visit the program's website (http://dc.sla.org/about/committees-groups/make-a-connection/)  for the sign-up forms, guidelines for participation, and committee members’ contact information.

Thanks!
Make-A-Connection Committee

Aimee Babcock-Ellis, Anna Forsher, Aileen Marshall & Janel Kinlaw

---

You are currently subscribed to sla-cdc as: [log in to unmask].