Alaska Resources Library & Information Services (ARLIS) is recruiting for a Library Administrator with special responsibility for budget management, grant research/writing, and marketing for our specialized library. This is a federal government position with the Bureau of Land Management. The job will be filled at the GS 9 or GS 11 level, depending on qualifications. The salary range is $48,404.00 - $76,131.00 /year, depending on level, with growth opportunities to the GS 11 level. Both ranges qualify for an additional 10.56% non-taxable federal cost-of-living allowance.

ARLIS is an innovative special library and was the recipient of the 2001 IMLS National Award for Museum and Library Service. We are team-managed and this position serves as a member of the management team. Our collection is the most comprehensive collection of Alaska resources materials anywhere. We serve nine state, federal and university agencies, as well as resource industries, students, educators, and the general public. ARLIS is located on the campus of the University of Alaska-Anchorage.
Anchorage is a great place to work and play, with many outdoor and cultural opportunities. We are looking for someone with a strong background in budget management, grant research/writing, and marketing.
For a full explanation of duties, qualifications and benefits, and to apply, see vacancy notice BLMAK-11-532072-BH (open to all US citizens) http://jobview.usajobs.gov/GetJob.aspx?JobID=102274261 or BLMAK-11-532001-BH (open to status candidates) http://jobview.usajobs.gov/GetJob.aspx?JobID=102274161.

The vacancy notices will be posted on USAJOBS until Thursday, September 29th.

Steve Johnson
Systems Coordinator/Management Team
Alaska Resources Library & Information Services (ARLIS)
3211 Providence Drive
Anchorage, AK 99508
907 786-7661