We want you to submit and vote on ideas for improving various aspects of improving federal websites, such as: content, search, usability, accessibility, social media, multilingual content, and online services. The .gov Task Force will review the ideas and consider them as they develop a National Web Strategy and make recommendations for streamlining federal websites, strengthening federal web policy, and improving citizens' experience with federal websites.
We want to hear what's working well, what can be improved, innovative ways to rethink the federal web, and specific examples you have from your experience.
A number of prominent web experts have volunteered to serve as discussion catalysts, to help spur the conversation, such as:
- Annetta Cheek, Chair, Center for Plain Language
- Candi Harrison, Former Co-Chair, Federal Web Managers Council
- Carla Briceno, Co-Founder of Bixal
- Clay Johnson, Director of Engagement for Expert Labs
- Craig Newmark, Founder & customer service rep craigslist.org and craigconnects.org
- Danny Sullivan, Editor of SearchEngineLand.com
- Ed Mullen, Principal Edward Mullen Studio; Founder MixTrail
- Jakob Nielsen, Principal of the Nielsen Norman Group
- Lee Vann, CEO Captura Group
- Sharron Rush, Co-founder and Executive Director of Knowbility
- Steve Krug, Author and Founder Advanced Common Sense
- Vanessa Fox, Author, Marketing in the Age of Google