There is still time to sign up for the Fall round of the
Make-A-Connection program.  Sign-ups are open till tomorrow evening,
Sept. 23rd.

The Make-a-Connection program, formerly known as 'Spend a Day', connects
a practicing LIS professional like yourself with a LIS student or recent
graduate to learn more about your position and workplace.  This program
benefits everybody: students can explore different types of environments
that require LIS skills, and DC/SLA members have an opportunity to
interact with those who are entering the profession.

We are looking for LIS professionals who are willing to host one or more
students.  There are different levels of commitment involved in hosting,
from an all-day visit to a conversation over coffee.

We are now accepting sign-ups for the fall semester. If you are
interested, please fill out the sign-up form by Friday, September 23rd.
You and the student(s) with whom you are matched up will be contacted by
Wednesday, October 5th with each other's contact information.  It will
be up to you and the student(s) to figure out the date and time of your
connection; we encourage you to meet by Tuesday, November 15th.

For more details on the program, visit the program's website
(http://dc.sla.org/about/committees-groups/make-a-connection/)  for the
sign-up forms, guidelines for participation, and committee members'
contact information.

Thanks!

Make-A-Connection Committee

Aimee Babcock-Ellis, Anna Forsher, Aileen Marshall & Janel Kinlaw

Aimee Babcock-Ellis, MLS

Librarian

Drug Enforcement Administration

DEA Library

Direct line: 202-307-8937

Library: 202-307-8932 | [log in to unmask]

Other library email: [log in to unmask]

Email: [log in to unmask]

Got Questions? Ask a Librarian! We'll find the answers.