$57,408.00 - $74,628.00 /year
Tuesday, September 06, 2011 to Monday, September 12, 2011
SERIES & GRADE:
Full Time Career/Career Conditional
1 vacancy - Albany, NY
WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED:
United States Citizens
VacancyID: 525530 (Include on all documents).
To fulfill President Lincoln's promise – "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan" – by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans. How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to veterans?
YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
For more information on the Department of Veterans Affairs, go to http://www.vacareers.va.gov/.
1 vacancy - Albany, NY
This is a virtual position responsible for managing all aspects of Network-wide library services in collaboration with the other library staff in the Network, which consists of five hospitals, 29 outpatient clinics and serves more than 6,700 employees as well as inpatients and outpatient Veterans in Stratton VA Medical Center, Albany, NY, Canandaigua, NY, and Buffalo NY.
The major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Providing service to Medical, Psychiatric, Nursing, Dental, Allied Health, Administrative and Technical personnel, affiliating trainees, and Veterans;
· Furnishing and assessing materials and services to support the education and training requirements of our consolidated hospitals and outpatient clinics; effectiveness,
· Participating in Library Consortia and Networks (VALNET, RRLC, NN/NLM and OCLC) and supplementing Medical Center resources by initiating and reviewing reciprocal agreements with other regional information centers;
· Working knowledge of complex biomedical literature, extensive reference tools and equipment, media technology and a good understanding of the education and clinical needs of the mission of the hospitals;
· Providing training, orientation and support in the use of online informational databases;
· Projecting, justifying, submitting and reviewing all of the local facilities' Library budget, quarterly reports and for the accountability of all expenditures;
· Assuring that written policies and procedures are consistent with VA, JC, and other accepted practices and programs such as the Medical Center mission, DM&S manuals, Handbook 1932.01 Library Services and other directives;
· Conducting virtual library staff meetings to discuss new policies or procedures, projects or problems; and
· Performing other related duties as required.
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8am until 4:30pm
PLEASE NOTE: This is a virtual position within Albany, NY, Canandaigua, NY, and Buffalo NY. Job site will determined.
***RELOCATION EXPENSES AND/OR INCENTIVES ARE NOT AUTHORIZED***