*Format*:  Webinar

*Date*:  Wednesday, October 5, 2011

* *

*Start Time:*          12 Noon Pacific

1PM Mountain

2PM Central

3PM Eastern

* *

This webinar will last approximately one hour. Webinars are free of charge
and registration is ONLY done on the day of the event on the WebEx server.
No Passwords are required.  For Tips and Registration Information, please go
to http://infopeople.org/training/webcasts/tips.html

*For more information and to participate in the October 5 webinar, go to
http://infopeople.org/training/beyond-norm*

* *

In order to succeed in the 21st century, library workers and leaders will
need to embrace new ways of doing business and reaching our users. Doing
this requires embarking on a comprehensive, dynamic, and ongoing process of
reinvention, beginning with an intentional and imaginative effort to design,
develop, and implement new ways to serve and connect with our users.

In this webinar, we will examine models for innovation used within the
private sector and explore their relevance to libraries.  Everyone has a
role in charting the future for libraries and each of us has a
responsibility for helping build a culture of creativity and innovation
within our libraries.

At the end of this one-hour webinar, attendees will have:

   - Concrete ways to foster creative ideas and innovation within their
   libraries
   - Seen real-life examples of libraries building cultures of innovation
   - Plans to encourage creativity and innovation in their own libraries

This webinar will be of interest to all library staff interested in building
or supporting within their libraries.

*Please note:* Be sure to download the webinar workbook before the
presentation begins!

* *

*Presenters:*  Brian Bannon & Dr Steven Yacovelli

*Do you require an accommodation? *

Closed captioning will be provided upon request. For this service, please
notify [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]> at least *72 hours
before*the webinar.

*If you are unable to attend the live event,* you can access the archived
version the day following the webinar.  Check our archive listing at:

http://infopeople.org/training/view/webinar/archived