From: Metadata Object Description Schema List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Stephen Davis
Sent: Wednesday, September 21, 2011 5:36 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [MODS] <sublocation> or <subLocation> ?

The MODS documentation for <holdingSimple> describes a subelement <sublocation>.  We just used this element for the first time in preparing records and found that <sublocation> doesn't actually validate against http://www.loc.gov/standards/mods/v3/mods-3-4.xsd, but <subLocation> does.

A peak at the 3.4 schema confirms that the sublocation element there does in fact have a capital "L" in the middle of it!  (Presumably an error?)

Stephen Davis
Columbia University Libraries